Online course are a great way to generate passive income. You can sell those courses on Udemy, Kajabi, Teachable and even groupon. Yes, groupon.
People are always looking for course online. We are leaving in the information age and the number one thing that people are search online is knowledge.
To get started you will need
- Your audience or market
- The platform where to sell
- A unique selling proposition
1- Your audience/Market
Here you define your audience first before you can start offering lessons. If you already have expertise on a subject, it is wise for you to see if there is an audience willing to pay for it.
Here are few ways you can find if there is an audience for the subject you want to teach.
Go to udemy.com
- look for best selling products – This means many people are buying and using them
- Look a the ratings – Good ratings can tell you that this sellers are doing something good (imitate them)
- Look at the number of people who bought it – Will give you an idea of the audience
- Look at the price – this will give you an idea on how much people are willing to pay for it
Yes, you heard it right; groupon.com. This marketplace is not just a place where you can get awesome deals. You can now sell your knowledge, and use this platform to see what type of knowledge to sell.
- Go to groupon.com
- Do a search pertaining to learning in your field. Example: type “Learning”, “Education”, “Learn how to”….
- See what is selling
- Look at the best sellers
- That will give you an idea on what is selling or not
2- Two platforms you can use to sell your content
After you have created your content, you can sell them in these platform above
- You have to segment your content into many short lessons
- Be very precise
- Use a good headline to attract viewers
- Share your Udemy link to other social networks
[Power tip]: I will recommend you to have a blog/your own website; so that you can invite viewers to checkout your other contents. Here is an article on how you can start your own blog >>>
Making money on Groupon
The main idea behind groupon is that you give a deal usually 50% off to their members. Groupon will then split the revenue with you 50/50. So you usually receive 25% of your regular price or 50% of your listing price.
- if your product usually cost $100
- You will offer it at $50 (50% of $100)
- Then groupon will take 50% commission, so that leave you with $25
The good news is that, here you can sell your digital products in many ways. Here are the two main ways
The first way
- You offer a coupon
- You will need an external platform example your own blog to host your content.
- For people to view the content, they will need to pay for it
- They input the coupon code you they purchased on groupon
- they get the deal
The second way is:
- You create a downloadable digital learning product example in PDF
- You make it available on your website/blog for download
- They purchase directly on groupon
- They get the download link
- you make money. Some people make $10,000 in one campaign
As you can see there are many ways to make some substantial amount of money by teaching others about what you know. Simply use your imagination, and endeavor to be a blessing
3- Offer a unique selling proposition
Also called USP; is factors that differentiate you from the competition. Why should people buy from you an not from others?
Example of USP:
Mast Brothers Chocolate; Their dedicate to quality chocolate is their USP. They make the chocolate bars themselves. They are involve from the choosing of cocoa beans all the way to the packaging. Their dedication to quality is a great USP in itself.
Nerd Fitness: There are hundreds or even thousands of companies offering fitness solutions. However, how many focus on the Nerd’s market?
TOM’S SHOES: Their shoe are phenomenal, inexpensive, elegant and peculiar. That alone makes for a great USP. However their biggest selling point is that; when you buy one pair, they send one pair to children in need. Who doesn’t like helping children?
Yes simply list your products and start selling. The god thing, if the headline of your product description is strong enough, it should get the attention of buyers in these platforms.
However, it is wise to advertise them. Send to friends and family. Go to Facebook groups that will like your product. Find instagram’s influencers, tell them about your product and ask if they would feature it on their instagram profile.